Global Handicrafts is offering you an opportunity to ‘shop with a purpose’ all year round, as we continue the hugely popular tradition of opening our Fair Trade marketplace to special groups of shoppers.
When you come, you will have the opportunity to shop for fair trade gifts, handicrafts and snacks, hear a bit more about Crossroads, and specifically our Fair Trade work, as well as enjoy a fair trade beverage in our Silk Road Café.
Interested in coming out with a group of friends or colleagues? Give us a call or email us and we will book you in!
Shopping Tour FAQs
What other activities are part of a "Shop With a Purpose" visit?We can tailor the programme to make the time as rich for you as possible. Potential additional activities include:
- a simulation experience introducing Fair Trade concepts;
- an introduction to Crossroads and tour of the site;
- potential participation in one of the Global X-perience programmes;
- special food/drink at our Silk Road cafe.
How long is a visit?There is no set length of time as it depends on what activities you do and how deeply you fall in love with our fair trade products! However, most groups generally allow 2-3 hours for a rich and full experience.
What times are available for tours?We are normally open 10 am – 5 pm on Tuesday to Saturday, but if you would like to bring a group at another time, let us know and we’ll see if we can find a way to make it work for you. We're happy to be flexible.
What is the minimum/maximum number of people who can participate?We appreciate knowing how many people will be coming so we are prepared to give the best possible experience to the group.
- There is no minimum number of people for visiting the shop or cafe, but some of the additional activities require a minimum number of people that varies with the activity. Contact us to talk about the options.
- There is also no maximum number of people that can join, but special arrangements need to be made for any group of more than 40 people.
Can lunch/dinner be purchased at Crossroads?
- Our Silk Road Cafe has light snacks from a local social enterprise bakery always available. However, if you would like something more substantial, we can order additional goods for you with one week's notice. Contact us for more details.
- If you are looking for a sit-down meal, there are a range of restaurants in the adjacent Gold Coast Shopping Mall that can cater to a wide variety of tastes.